Tuesday, March 3, 2009

God's Sovereignty

My God is sovereign in all things. It took me awhile to be able to fully grasp what that means, and even now I know that I will never be capable of comprehending that message to its fullest extent. It's one of those things that you can't just hear and completely accept without actually experiencing it. It feels like I have been on a roller coaster ride of emotions, feelings, and situations over the past couple of years. Sometimes I feel very spiritually uplifted and joyful, and next I'm the lowest of the low. But one thing I do know is that my faith in Christ and my relationship with him has grown tremendously through it all. I've found that when I'm in deepest sorrow or I feel this sense of desperation, that's when I feel the closest to God. It's not something that can be explained, you just have to live it. Come near to God, and he will come near to you! (James 4:8)

No comments: