Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Urim and Thummim... Huh?

A few nights ago I decided to check out this book I got from church by an author named Robert J. Morgan. Now, I don't know anything about this man, so I can't recommend his work. I just saw the book and thought I'd give it a try! ;) It's called "From This Verse". It's a small 365-day reading plan with daily Scripture readings and testimonies of encouragement. So, I started on day 17 in January where it discussed the topic of the Urim and Thummim of the high priest in the Old Testament. He told about a man who explained that he wasn't completely sure what the two objects were. He only knew it was put on the breastplate of the high priest and that through it the high priest was able to discern the mind of God. He said that he found he could get the mind of the Lord nowadays by changing only two letters in the words. Here's his direct quote:

"I take the blessed Book, and just by "usin' and thummin'" I get the mind of theLord!"
Ha! Ha! I know, it's a little corny, but I thought it was worth sharing! :P

No comments: